Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quail Eggs and Squid



A few days ago, William and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant in Homewood. The menu had many appealing items, but I was looking for something different this time. William and I came across a dish which had quail eggs and squid in it. We both ordered this dish, along with an appetizer, wanton chips with chicken(very delicious). When our main course arrived, we were hesitant in trying it out, but after about 30 seconds I scooped up a quail egg, and ate it. It had a strange taste to it, but it was OK. Not something that I would order again, but OK. The squid was up next so I scooped some up and ate that as well. I actually liked it! I would still prefer it breaded like calamari though. After the meal I felt a little weird. I don't know, maybe it was the quail eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment